The Helotes Area Chamber Of Commerce
Scholarships are awarded to students who plan to enroll full-time in an accredited college or university.
There will be a minimum of three $1,000 scholarships awarded to students graduating in 2020.
Selection is based on essays, grade point average, letters of recommendation, and school and/or community activities.
Scholarships will be paid to the college or university – in the student’s name.
• Graduating Senior who attends O’Connor, Brandeis, or Harlan High School or resides in either the O’Connor, Brandeis, or Harlan High School attendance boundary, or a child of an active HACC member. See Exhibits 1-3 for maps.
• Completed scholarship application.
• Two letters of recommendation from individuals with direct knowledge of your abilities.
• One page essay on the topic: If you were given $10,000 to better your community, what would you do and why? (500 word minimum)
• Describe one event or person that has influenced your life and why. (300 word minimum)
• List your high school involvement in clubs, athletics, student government, and other organizations. Please include dates of involvement and what role you played.
• List any honors or awards you received during high school.
• Incomplete applications will disqualify the student from consideration.
1.) Scan and email a completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org or
2.) Mail a completed application to:
Confirmation of receipt of application will be sent to the applicant by email when the application is received. Questions may be directed to email@example.com.
Helotes Area Chamber of Commerce
P.O. Box 76
Helotes, TX 78023
Application and attachments must be postmarked by April 30, 2020 to be considered for the
2020 – 2021 school year.