Scholarships are awarded to students who plan to enroll full-time in an accredited college or university.
There will be a minimum of four $1,000 scholarships awarded to students graduating in 2021.
Selection is based on essays, grade point average, letters of recommendation, and school and/or community activities.
Scholarships will be paid to the college or university – in the student’s name.
- Graduating Senior who attends O’Connor, Brandeis, or Harlan High School or resides in either O’Connor, Brandeis, or Harlan High School attendance boundary, or a child of an active HACC member. See the pictures below for maps.
- Completed scholarship application.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals with direct knowledge of your abilities.
- One page essay on the topic: If you were given $10,000 to better your community, what would you do and why? (500 word minimum)
- Describe one event or person that has influenced your life and why. (300 word minimum)
- List your high school involvement in clubs, athletics, student government, and other organizations. Please include dates of involvement and what role you played.
- List any honors or awards you received during high school.
- Incomplete applications will disqualify the student from consideration.
- Scan and email a completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Mail a completed application to:
Helotes Area Chamber of Commerce
P.O. Box 76
Helotes, TX 78023
Confirmation of receipt of application will be sent to the applicant by email when the application is received. Questions may be directed to email@example.com.
Application and attachments must be postmarked by April 23, 2021 to be considered for the 2020 – 2021 school year.
*Click on the pictures to enlarge.*