The Helotes Area Chamber Of Commerce
Scholarships are awarded to students who plan to enroll full-time in an accredited college or university.
There will be a minimum of three $1,000 scholarships awarded to students graduating in 2019.
Selection is based on essays, grade point average, letters of recommendation, and school and/or
Scholarships will be paid to the college or university – in the student’s name.
• Graduating Senior who attends O’Connor, Brandeis, or Harlan High School or resides in
either the O’Connor, Brandeis, or Harlan High School attendance boundary, or a child of an
active HACC member. See Exhibits 1-3 for maps.
• Completed scholarship application.
• Two letters of recommendation from individuals with direct knowledge of
• One page essay on the topic: If you were given $10,000 to better your community, what would
you do and why? (
• Describe one event or person that has influenced your life and why. (
• List your high school involvement in clubs, athletics, student government, and other
organizations. Please include dates of involvement and what role you played.
• List any honors or awards you received during high school.
• Incomplete applications will disqualify the student from consideration.
1.) Scan and email a completed application
2.) Mail a completed application to:
Confirmation of receipt of application will be sent to the applicant by email when the application is
received. Questions may be directed to email@example.com.
Helotes Area Chamber of Commerce
P.O. Box 76
Helotes, TX 78023
Application and attachments must be postmarked by April 12,
2018 – 2019 school year.