The Helotes Area Chamber Of Commerce
Scholarships are awarded to students who plan to enroll full-time in an accredited college or university. There will be a minimum of three $1,000 scholarships awarded to students graduating in 2018. Selection is based on essays, grade point average, letters of recommendation, and school and/or community activities. Scholarships will be paid to the college or university – in the student’s name.
•Graduating Senior who attends or resides in either the O’Connor or Brandeis High School attendance boundary, or a child of an active HACC member, see Exhibit 1 and 2 for maps.
• Completed scholarship application.
• Two letters of recommendation from individuals with direct knowledge of your abilities.
• One page essay on the topic: If you were given $10,000 to better your community, what would you do and why? (500 word minimum)
• Describe one event or person that has influenced your life and why. (300 word minimum)• List your high school involvement in clubs, athletics, student government, and other organizations. Please include dates of involvement and what role you played.
• List any honors or awards you received during high school.
• Incomplete applications will disqualify the student from consideration.
You may apply online by submitting the form below and attaching required documents or you may download an application and send completed application with attachments (letters of recommendation, essay, and self- description) to:
Helotes Area Chamber of Commerce
P.O. Box 76
Helotes, TX 78023
Application and attachments must be postmarked by April 6th, 2018 to be considered for the 2017 – 2018 school year.