- Ambassador Committee
- Finance Committee
- Education Committee
- Events Committee
- Government/Legislative Affairs Committee
- Communication Committee
- Gala Committee
Purpose: Comprised of Chamber Ambassadors, this committee researches new member services and programs and makes appropriate recommendations to the Board of Directors. It also discusses and reviews ways in which to increase and enhance Chamber membership, and other events aimed at recruitment and retention of members. As per the HACC Bylaws, this committee shall be comprised of at least one (1) Board of Directors and two (2) additional Chamber members.
Activities: Ambassadors welcome new Chamber members, act as hosts and hostesses at key Chamber events and facilitate interaction at all Chamber functions. The Chamber Ambassadors assist the members with fully realizing the benefits of Chamber membership. Ambassadors are the link between the Chamber and its members.
1. Plan and implement special membership drives
2. Contact new businesses in the area to welcome and introduce them to the Chamber. Contact members at their anniversary dates
3. Attend Grand Openings, Ground Breakings, and other events when possible.
4. Analyze member and non-member trends and monitors member satisfaction.
5. Development of effective acquisition and retention programs designed to educate local businesses about the programs and services available
Purpose: The Finance Committee reviews the Chamber’s financial status and offers recommendations on revenue streams, alternative funding programs and expense controls. The Finance committee shall at least be comprised of the Treasurer, Executive Director, and up to four (4) other members.
Activities: The Finance Committee shall work with the Board of Directors and other Committee’s in preparing the Chamber’s annual budget and shall review the books, records and procedures of the Chamber in regards to all financial aspects of the operation. Present Budget for Board approval at the December Board of Directors meeting for approval.
1. Stay within Budget
2. Proactive on cost saving measures
3. Recommend new or revised revenue streams
Purpose: Facilitate the educational, professional, or enrichment programming designed to benefit the members of the Chamber.
Activities: In support of business, the Business Education Committee coordinates guest speakers on a wide range of topics relevant to businesses in Helotes.
1. Research and identify appropriate topics and educational delivery models for educational programs
2. Develop an online industry “best practice” database
Purpose: Create innovative events and activities which engage Chamber members and the community.
Activities: Plan, implement, and secure sponsorship for Business After Hours, Lunch n’ Learn workshops, and other networking events. Coordinate with the Education Committee to provide guest speakers when needed.
1. Create an annual schedule of events
2. Create a sponsorship guide for events
3. Host New Member Reception yearly, to educate members how to make the most of their membership
Government/Legislative Affairs Committee
Purpose: To educate and inform membership on issues and legislation affecting business, the community, and economic development in the region; and works proactively to improve the business climate.
Activities: Acts as a conduit for bringing concerns of the small business owners to the Board of Directors for appropriate action. When necessary, organize and carry out candidate forums, legislative forums, issue forums, and other special events.
1. Promote relations between local and state Legislators and the Chamber
2. Act as a bridge between business and city government. Committee meets yearly with the Helotes Mayor and other officials to address special needs or as they become apparent.
Purpose: To enhance the image of the Chamber through branding. This committee will work with all other HACC committees pertaining to advertising, marketing, calendar of events, & other chamber related activities at scheduled Marketing Committee meetings.
Activities: This Committee develops a marketing and media plan for the Chamber and consults on all of the promotional efforts for the Chamber, as well as, creating the Chamber newsletter.
1. Monitor, enhance and manage the marketing of the Chamber and all of its facets
2. Advise on the marketing and promotion of all Chamber committees and their events
3. Enhance website to maximize awareness of the Helotes area
4. Manage and increase social media exposure
Purpose: Plan the Annual Community Awards Gala, held each fall. This is an annual awards and fund-raiser for the Chamber. Committee members meet on as-needed basis prior to the gala.
Activities: Plan and implement the annual Community Awards Gala, where each year, we come together to celebrate and honor individuals for their ongoing contributions to our local community. This committee also recruits door prizes and goody bags items, securing sponsorships and assisting in facilitating the event.
1. Increase participation
2. Increase sponsorships